About Dr MostertMB BS (UWA) FRACS
Dr Johan Mostert
MB BS (UWA) FRACS
Shoulder & Knee Surgery
I am a shoulder and knee surgeon based at St John of God in Subiaco, I also operate at Peel. I grew up in Perth’s northern suburbs and studied medicine at UWA. I completed my advanced orthopaedic training in WA and NSW, and obtained Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2005. I have since undertaken further postgraduate fellowships in shoulder and knee surgery (Switzerland and England) to learn the most advanced and modern techniques.
I aim to give you a clear explanation of your knee or shoulder problem and all available options, whether surgical or otherwise.
My practise is focussed purely on shoulder and knee surgery. My particular areas of interest are:
- Shoulder arthroscopy for conditions of the rotator cuff and shoulder instability
- Shoulder joint replacement
- Sports knee injuries, especially ACL tears, patellar dislocation, meniscal tears, cartilage restoration
- Treatment of knee cartilage: osteotomy (realignment) and joint replacement
- Partial knee replacement using MAKO robotic technique and the Oxford technique
- MBBS (University of Western Australia 1994)
- Diploma of Child Health (1996)
- Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (2005)
- St Gallen, Switzerland (this is a renowned specialist unit for sports shoulder and knee injuries and joint replacement)
- Southampton University Hospital/Royal South Hants Knee Unit (a major referral centre for sports knee injuries and complex joint replacement)
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Bourneville, England (the ROH is one of the UK’s specialist orthopaedic hospitals and a major referral centre for complex surgery)
CURRENT HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- St John of God Hospital Subiaco
- Peel Health Campus
My wife and I have three young children who keep us entertained. Outside of work, I enjoy keeping fit and compete in marathons and white water kayaking. I have also experienced major knee surgery myself which has given me a great insight into the patient experience!